Sunday, January 10, 2016

Spain Trip





   The morning of my new adventure in my life was changed forever by 8:45 am. Did I say no and not go? I will explain that later on. Before anything happened that would lead you to my choice is I went to school and got to first period gym where the phone call of a lifetime would help me ensure that I could do it. Not to make the choose for me  but to make up my mind and know i prepared for this moment and i could do it. My dad and I got to my house and my navy nautica suitcase was sitting waiting for  me in my room. Running and rushing around my room for last minute things to pack in my carry on. I was ready to walk out the doorway of my room and at that moment I was ready to conquer my fear inside me that was going on  for 2 days. I was starting my transition from a kid to adulthood. I was stepping up to the plate to go out of my comfort zone. Came down stairs all ready and said my goodbyes and was on my way to the airport.




I finally took a deep breath and made my decision to go to spain. It wasn't something I was too excited for in the beginning but I knew that maybe it would be a good one. That I could hold on to the memories I made there. At that moment there was nothing to hold me back. I was ready to face my fear head on.




 Listening to my music to drown out my nerves was something I had to do. I didn't know what to expect or know what would happen so I took each task step by step. Because I needed to grow up and become an adult and make choices for myself. It was a learning process for me during the airport journey knowing my parents weren't there to hold my hand and get me on the flight. Reality set in when my dad dropped me off at the airport and he said goodbye and drove away and i was all alone. I opened the door to the airport as everyone was rushing around and I stood there lost for a moment and the world stop and then I went on to what I had to do. I went to give the lady my heavy bag that I picked up with all my weight and suddenly they put in on a assembly line and it went behind a curtain. Then I had to find my gate. Basically I was in my own world for a moment.





Once I was settled and everything was great I had to get on my flight if I was scared I couldn't turn back and go home. I had to deal and handle my situation. Knowing that my brain said I couldn’t go it my heart was telling me that I can do it. So I went with my heart for the whole trip to make my fear slowly disappear.



  I finally got there was everything was written in spanish as I was walking out of the airport tunnel that they connect to the plane. I got to the end the time where my skills of dependence set it and were tested. I took a deep breath and knew I had be independent. The skills I learned from my parents was put to the test. And I was okay and I had to take a risk. I found my way through the airport in spain and found my sister. All i did was walk straight ahead and held my head up high and found her myself. Knowing I did not know a lot of spanish I just looked at the signs and got a sense of what they say. I walked through to get my bag at the baggage claim and my intent was to do all this by myself but I ended up asking for help because I couldn't find where to when I entered the country which airline I had to go though. But thank god I found someone that speaks a little english. I got to the end and found my sister and everything.







  I have so many memories and lessons I have learned a lot how I developed as an  adult. I would never change anything that happened or happened during my experience because everything was great and it had changed me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment